(4 DAY COURSE) 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
This is a course requirement for the Certified Business Broker (CBB) designation.
You will learn business valuations by recasting financials to determine Sellers Discretionary Earnings (SDE), creating a Risk Analysis using the CABB worksheet, determine a Broker’s opinion of value for both Asset and Stock Sales using 4 different methodologies with the Income and Market Approaches, including models for Multiple of Earnings, Excess Earnings and cap rate model, and using the comps (done-deal) model. We will also discuss getting paid for this process and talk about different valuation packages available to brokers.
Available Class Dates and Registration Pages are Listed HERE
Registration Fee: $249 Members $349 Non-Members
- Review of CABB 101 Recasting.
- SBA Lender's Criteria
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Additions to SDE
- Deletions from SDE
- Recasting Balance Sheets
- Balance Sheet Problem
- CABB's Opinion of Value models and worksheets
- Cap Rates
- Finding and using common Comps Data Bases
- Recasting and Valuation Exercises
Pre-Requisites: Attendees must have successfully met the following pre-requisites prior to taking CABB 201.
- Taken and passed CABB 101 prior to participating in CABB 201
- Have a working knowledge of P&Ls (Income Statements) and Balance Sheets
- Have reviewed the two SDE Recasting Walk-throughs found on the members CABB.org Dashboard, in the Broker Tools tab.
- Have (a) Taken & Passed CABB 201 Pre-Test OR (b) completed and passed: IBBA 201 (Finance Fundamentals for Business Brokers - 8 Hours), IBBA 107 (Understanding Financials - 4 Hours) or IBBA 210 (Analyzing and Recasting Financial Statements - 16 Hours)
Click here to take the Pre-Test
- Have established access to the "ValueSource Market Comps Database" through the IBBA (free IBBA Member Benefit)
Once you have received confirmation of passing the pre-test please email your results/confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org or send confirmation of passing IBBA 102, 107 or 210.
All Pre-Test results must be received within 72 hours of the course. Anyone failing to provide confirmation of passing the pre-test or providing proof on completing IBBA 102, 107 or 210 will be dropped from the course and required to pay a $35 administrative fee to reschedule the course.
Exceptions: If you have a degree in finance or accounting, or are a licensed CPA, or have an acceptable valuation credential, or have your CBI or M&AMI, you are not required to take the pre-test. You must provide proof of the above credentials to email@example.com to receive the test exemption no later than 72 hours prior to the first day of the class.
Disclaimer: All registrations are subject to review by the education committee.
- A laptop computer is REQUIRED for this course. You must bring it with you to the class.
As a reminder:
- CABB 101, CABB 201 and CABB 250 are required for CBB certification.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the CABB office at 866-972-2220 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy: All education fees are non-refundable and must be used within 12 months of the date the payment was received. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course will be assessed an administrative fee of $50 to re-schedule the course at a later date. For a more details on our refund policy CLICK HERE.
TAKE CABB 201 MULTIPLE TIMES!
CABB members can now retake CABB 201 for just $25 to cover the cost of the course materials.
If you are interested, please contact CABB administrative office today.