Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the California Association of Business Brokers. The following should give you an understanding of how CABB can benefit you in the profession of Business Brokerage.
The California Association of Business Brokers is an association of Business Brokers and Merger and Acquisition specialists whose goal is to promote the growth and professionalism of the Business Brokerage community within our state. To accomplish this CABB provides a variety of membership services.
We are excited to announce that we have created an affiliation with the IBBA to include IBBA membership for all CABB Broker members. For more information on these additional benefits Click HERE.
Individual memberships are currently being offered in two classifications:
- Regular Membership - Regular memberships are for those who are involved in business sales or mergers and acquisitions.
- Affiliate Membership - Affiliate memberships are for those who are service providers to Business Brokers, such as attorneys, accountants and escrow professionals.
**NEW! CABB regular membership and Corporate Individual membership now includes membership with IBBA. Click here to learn more.
Membership Costs - All Memberships are January 1 - December 31
|Membership Type||Annual Membership Cost|
Membership includes one regular member
Company must be a member of CABB
Provide membership up to 3 company associates
*CABB membership dues are pro-rated quarterly starting on April 1st.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
CABB Membership Requirements
- All CABB regular members are required to complete CABB 101 within 9 months of joining CABB. Any members who do not meet this requirement will have their membership set to inactive until such time that they comply.
- A number of CABB members are also members of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), and have their CBI designation. For those members, you can opt out of the CABB 101 course and just take the exam. For a fee of $25, you can attend the last two hours of the second day of any regularly scheduled CABB 101 course. Preregistration and proof of a CBI is required.
- Regular members must have a current California Real Estate License (as either a salesperson or broker). Salesperson must have a responsible Broker tied to the DRE license. Please note: regular members are also required to maintain an active DRE license as a condition of continual membership.
*Please note: regular members are also required to maintain an active DRE license as a condition of continual membership.
- Regular broker members can renew for $425 annually.
- Corporate memberships renew at $499 annually which includes one member.
- Corporate broker members can renew for $325 annually.
- New regular broker members can join for $574. The fee includes annual membership dues ($425) and payment for CABB 101 ($149). Pre-payment is required for all new members who have not taken CABB 101 in the past.
- New corporate memberships are $499. The included member is required to take both CABB 101 for $149 each if the course has not been taken previously.
- New corporate individual broker members can join for $474. The fee includes annual membership dues ($325) and payment for CABB 101 ($149). Pre-payment is required for all new members who have not taken CABB 101 in the past.